Friday, June 25, 2010

Atypical Dinner

Dinner in our household ususally is pretty simple.  An easy chicken dish, spaghetti, hot dogs, maybe some pork chops; served with a side of whatever's around and definitely no cheese.

Well last night, we had an atypical dinner.  A dinner so unusual, so unlike anything I've ever fixed before, so many things thrown together that I shouldn't like...and it was delicious.  I have the lovely Pioneer Woman to thank for this recipe.  You can see her version here.  

It's a Summer Shrimp Stir-Fry.  Do I like shrimp?  Not really.  Am I crazy zucchini fan?  Not at all.  Yet, those are two of the main ingredients.  She made it look so good, I had to try it.  I changed two things and it still turned out great.  First, I used pre-cooked tiny shrimp, not the fresh shrimp that you have to shell and devein.  I decided I wasn't up for that task.  Also, I used a 1/2 cup of chopped regular tomatoes, not the halved grape tomatoes she used.  So good.  You should certainly stop by her site and see her pictures and recipe.



YUM.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Congratulations on "cooking outside the box!"

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!